The Headshot Intensive
A 2 day headshot knowledge infusion extravaganza with Peter Hurley! Want to go Intensified? Add a 3rd day to the mix and really dig into your shtick with Peter.
With the incredible success I've had teaching the Headshot Intensive over the past 3 years and having over 400 photographers rock out the course with me I've learned a ton myself and added that new content along the way. The program has become a beast and I've fine tuned it to add a 3rd day for those interested in taking it the next level in what I'm calling The Headshot Intensified. Basically, during the two day course I'm slamming information into your cranium, so for those who would like an extra day we are able to delve deeper into the concepts that I believe require our undivided attention. This is a new concept and totally up to you if you want to spend 3 days in headshotland with me, believe me the 2 day'er will leave your head spinning.
The course is designed for every level photographer from amateur to pro as long as you understand camera basics, this isn't a technique course in camera settings, but a mind blowing course in handling any subject that has stepped into your frame. Yes, the workshop is geared toward headshot photography, but all of this stuff applies whether your subject is 3 feet in front of your camera or 30 feet in front of it, so I believe any portrait photographer needs to utilize this information as part of their toolkit whenever shooting portraits. Although I believe the infromation is ground breaking, any photographer at any level will truely benefit from attending.
In this workshop you’ll learn the in’s and out’s of my workflow, direction, shooting style and business sense. It's a soup to nuts approach on how to crank out killer headshots. We’ll immerse ourselves into the action as we apply these ideas over the course of the three days in order to enhance your shooting style and up your game immensely.
In a nutshell, THE HEADSHOT INTENSIVE is designed for the photographer looking to gain beneficial knowledge from the leader in the headshot genre in order to develop a new skill set when shooting people. Yes, we will use headshot photography as our platform and dive into a skill set that can provide income for any photographer no matter how much photography experience one may or may not have. So whether photography is your full time gig or you are a passionate hobbyist who can’t seem to put your camera down, this workshop is for you.
The Headshot Intensive is also the breeding ground for my team of talented Headshot Crew Associate Photographers. We've launched a global initiative to create an elite crew of headshot photographers worldwide. Interested? Sign up for a free account now. Anyone can register and if you upgrade into my Protégé Core Coaching Program you'll receive a 30 Day Free Trial. All photographers who take the workshop will get six months free (approx $150 value) in Peter's Headshot Crew Protégé Core Coaching group and earlybirds(the first 4 people to sign up) will get a year free. ($249 value) Those interested in becoming a Headshot Crew Associate photographer will work closely with Peter to create a portfolio worthy for inclusion into the Headshot Crew Associate Photographer Program for their target market.
Some Topics Include:
- Lighting Hurley-Style
- My belief in being 90% Therapist and 10% Photographer
- The necessity of being a Jack of All Trades
- Performing The Chameleon Approach
- Applying Sherlock Holmesing to the mix
- Digging into Micro-Expression
- Creation of Residual Laughter
- Direction by Miss-Direction
- The HURLEY Headshot System of Directing your client from shot to shot
- The Shoot: You’ll apply the ideas laid out to you by applying these ideas on the second day of the workshop.
- Game Plan & Business Know How: Building a road map to develop your business
- Pricing your work into your target market and ground rules for handling your customer service.
- The Final Product: Retouching, printing and delivery of the final product.
- Headshot Crew: Peter will discuss his global plan and your shot to capture your target market by becoming a Headshot Crew Associate photographer. The goal is to have each photographer that is interested in building their headshot business become part of the Headshot Crew referral program, using it as a marketing tool to build their headshot clientele through referrals from their own Headshot Crew micro-site.
What You'll Need:
- A DSLR or medium format digital camera and basic knowledge of how to use that camera. You’ll want a decent headshot lens to go along with it, so I generally like a minimum of 85mm ( I prefer 100 or higher though) for full frame DSLR’s and 100mm and above for medium format cameras. Generally 100mm is what I roll with on a full frame DSLR, so have something that can hit that range if you are on a zoom or a prime in that neighborhood.
- Everyone should bring a laptop and/or external hard drive with them to the workshop in case you want to shoot tethered, take notes or transfer files, etc.
- I love shooting on a tripod, so if you have one that can reach above 6' then bring it along with a nice ball head. If you don't then don't sweat it, but I'm going to be giving you umpteen reasons why you should be using one. You can check out my gear page for my recommended Feisol/Arca Swiss combo: www.headshotcrew.com/gear
- We've had everyone from beginner to professional go through this workshop and the ideas presented work for everyone no matter how far along you are in your career. Some will jump in 100% on the shooting day and others like to observe and try things at their own pace, it's entirely up to you how you decided to tackle day two.
- Get a good nights sleep prior to coming up to the intensive! We go from 10am to 7pm on the first day, break for dinner together and reconviene at 10am the next day. Second day is from 10am to 5pm, so be ready for a busy weekend.
Cost and Scheduling:
The price for attending this phenomenal weekend workshop is $1500 and payment is due in full when signing up. If you'd like to stay for The Headshot Intensified day on the 3rd day it's $750 additional and limited to 8 photographers from the weekend.(If interested you must add both courses to your cart at checkout)
It’s an amazing value for anyone interested in taking their headshot photography to new heights or would simply like to up their game when photographing people. However, I want to add even more value for those fired up to attend:
The Real Deal:
- Any photographer that is one of the first 4 to sign up for any 2014 Intensive with their deposit paid will receive an earlybird bonus of a free year on headshotcrew.com at the Protégé level.($249 value) If you are wondering if you qualify for this just ask me. Those that don't make the cut will receive 6 months free.(approx $150 value)
- All participants will receive a promo code for 1/2 off THE ART BEHIND THE HEADSHOT DVD download($150 value).
• B&H has sponsored the workshop, so we will be giving away a $50 gift card from my favorite store on planet earth for the workshop.
- Get your own Headshot by Peter Hurley! Each photographer will get in front of my camera at some point during the workshop and I'll personally shoot a SHABANG'in headshot of you. I can't stand photographers who don't put a nice shot of themselves on their about or bio page, so I'm making sure each of you have one! You'll get a unique perspective from being in front of my camera as well. Allowing you to understand exactly what your clients are going through is a powerful experience. It has been one of my favorite portions of the course and a real eye opener for past attendees, plus it's $1200 for a client to step in front of my lens, so there is definitely some value in it for you there!
- All Headshot Intensive graduates will be dubbed a Bachelor in the Fine Art of Shabanging(BFAS) in my Headshot Crew Coaching Program! Prepare to be added to this prestigous group of over 400 photographers that have attended the workshop. Each photographer will also be added to the Protégé group on Headshot Crew and receive a 6 month membership at the Protégé level.($149 value) Or if you are the first 4 to sign up you'll get the free year of Protégé membership. All memberships start after your intensive, so if you signed up prior to your intensive with a paid membership then the free months or year will be added after you've completed the workshop.
My goal for the course is that each photographer receives a tremendous amount of value out of taking the workshop, so if you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to contact me personally in the studio at 212.627.2210. Use the links on the right to register for your desired workshop in order to lock in any promotions you may receive.
I feel stongly that the workshop is appropriately named, so I hope you are ready for an INTENSE weekend of non-stop information coming your way!
I'll be emailing you with logistics for the weekend upon signup.
Due to the nature of the workshop and the INTENSITY, we'll be running the first day from 10am til about 7pm. The second day runs from 10am until 5pm and the third runs from 10am until 5pm. We will be hitting a local restaurant for dinner on Saturday night, so plan on hanging with us.
Due to workshops selling out regularly we require payment in full in order to keep your spot and snag any time sensitive discounts. All payments are non-refundable, so don't give me your $$$ until you are certain you are ready to roll! However, should you need to reschedule, inform me at least at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled intensive and I will apply your fee toward the workshop of your choice in the future or figure out something that is fair for both of us. Believe me, I usually have a waiting list, so if something comes up for you most likely we'll get your spot filled right away and I'll be able to provide you a refund if that's the case.
So, are you ready to get serious about your headshot/portrait photography?
Get it going, each workshop is limited to ONLY 11(my lucky number) first time photographers and 1 photographer that has taken the course previously, is taking it as a refresher and assisting me throughout the weekend.(2nd time attendess pay 1/2 price for the course, so contact me before registering)
Reserve your spot today!
Simply click the button on the right the corresponds to your desired workshop to register by firing up a credit card.
Questions? Feel free to email us or call the studio at 212.627.2210. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, I want everyone to be 100% informed prior to coming to the workshop.
NY studio address:
Peter Hurley Photography Studio
134 W 26th Street, Suite 1203
New York, NY 10001
We start each day at 10am in the NY studio for Headshot Intensives outside NYC I will be emaling you with logistics.
The closest hotels are right on 26th Street between 6th & 7th Aves:
Looking forward to seeing you at The Headshot Intensive!