Firing up The Headshot Intensive and extra Intensified day worldwide PEOPLE!
The Headshot Intensive
A 2 day headshot knowledge infusion extravaganza! Want to go Intensified? Add a 3rd day to the mix and really dig into your portrait shtick.
This course is designed for every level photographer from amateur to pro as long as you understand camera basics, this isn't a technique course in camera settings, but a mind blowing course in handling any subject that has stepped into your frame. Yes, the workshop is geared toward headshot photography, but all of this stuff applies whether your subject is 3 feet in front of your camera or 30 feet in front of it, so I believe any portrait photographer needs to utilize this information as part of their director's toolkit whenever shooting portraits. Although I believe the information is ground breaking, any photographer at any level will truly benefit from attending.
In this workshop you’ll learn the in’s and out’s of my workflow, direction, shooting style and business sense. It's a soup to nuts approach on how to crank out one good portrait after another. We’ll immerse ourselves completely into the action as we apply these ideas in order to enhance your shooting style and up your game immensely.
In a nutshell, THE HEADSHOT INTENSIVE is designed for the photographer looking to gain beneficial knowledge from the leader in the headshot genre in order to develop a new skill set when photographing people. So whether photography is your full time gig or you are a passionate hobbyist who can’t seem to put your camera down, this workshop is for you.
The Headshot Intensive is also the breeding ground for my team of talented Headshot Crew Associate Photographers. We've launched a global initiative to create an elite crew of headshot photographers worldwide. Interested? Sign up for a free account now. Anyone can register and if you upgrade into my Protégé Core Coaching Program you'll receive a 30 Day Free Trial. All photographers who take the workshop will get six months free(approx $120 value) in the Headshot Crew Protégé Coaching group and earlybirds(the first 4 people to sign up) will get a year free.($199 value) Those interested in becoming a Headshot Crew Associate photographer will work closely with Peter to create a portfolio worthy for inclusion into the Headshot Crew Associate Photographer Program for their target market.
Some Topics Include:
- Lighting Hurley-Style
- My belief in being 90% Therapist and 10% Photographer
- The necessity of being a Jack of All Trades
- Performing The Chameleon Approach
- Applying Sherlock Holmesing to the mix
- Digging into Micro-Expression
- Creation of Residual Laughter
- Direction by Mis-Direction
- The HURLEY Headshot System of directing your client from shot to shot
- The Shoot: You’ll apply the ideas laid out to you by applying these ideas on the second day of the workshop.
- Game Plan & Business Know How: Building a road map to develop your business
- Pricing your work into your target market and ground rules for handling your customer service.
- The Final Product: Retouching, printing and delivery of the final product.
- Headshot Crew: Peter will discuss his global plan and your shot to capture your target market by becoming a Headshot Crew Associate photographer. The goal is to have each photographer that is interested in building their headshot business become part of the Headshot Crew referral program, using it as a marketing tool to build their headshot clientele through referrals from their own Headshot Crew micro-site.
What You'll Need:
- A DSLR, mirrorless or medium format digital camera and basic knowledge of how to use that camera. You’ll want a decent headshot lens to go along with it, so I generally like a minimum of 85mm for full frame DSLR’s and 100mm and above for medium format cameras. Generally I roll with a 70-200mm on my full frame DSLR, so have something that can hit that range if you are on a zoom or a prime in that neighborhood.
- Everyone should bring a laptop and/or external hard drive with them to the workshop in case you want to shoot tethered, take notes or transfer files, etc.
- I love shooting on a tripod, so if you have one that can reach above 6' then bring it along with a nice ball head. If you don't then don't sweat it, but I'm going to be giving you umpteen reasons why you should be using one. You can check out my gear page for my recommended Feisol/Arca Swiss combo: www.headshotcrew.com/gear
- We've had everyone from beginner to professional go through this workshop and the ideas presented are so unique that they work for everyone no matter how far along you are in your career.
- Get a good nights sleep prior to coming up to the intensive! We usually go from 10am in the morning until lunchtime, come back and do a session until dinnertime. After dinner we'll come back and keep the info pouring in until around 10 or 11pm. The second day runs from 10am to 6pm. We do break for lunch and will be shooting all afternoon, so be ready for a busy weekend. No food is included with the workshop fee.
Cost and Scheduling:
The price for attending this phenomenal weekend workshop is $1500 and payment is due in full when signing up. ALL PAYMENTS ARE IN US DOLLARS.
It’s an amazing value for anyone interested in taking their portrait photography to new heights. However, I want to add even more value for those attending:
The Real Deal:
- Any photographer that is one of the first 4 to sign up for any Intensive will receive an earlybird bonus of one free year on headshotcrew.com at the Protégé level.($199 value) If you are wondering if you qualify for this just ask. Don't worry, if you don't make the cut all additional attendees will receive 6 months free.(approx $120 value)
- All participants will receive a promo code for 1/2 off THE ART BEHIND THE HEADSHOT DVD and/or Illuminating the Face download($150 value each).
• B&H has sponsored the workshop, so we will be giving away at random one $50 gift card to a lucky participant from my favorite store on planet earth.
- Get your own Headshot by Peter Hurley! Each photographer will get in front of my camera at some point during the workshop and I'll personally shoot a SHABANG'in headshot of you. I can't stand photographers who don't put a nice shot of themselves on their about or bio page, so I'm making sure each of you have one! You'll get a unique perspective from being in front of my camera as well. This allows you to understand exactly what your clients are going through and it's proven to be a powerful experience. It has been one of my favorite portions of the course and a real eye opener for past attendees, plus it's $2000 for a new client to step in front of my lens, so there is definitely some major value in it for you there!
- All Headshot Intensive upon graduating will be dubbed a Bachelor in the Fine Art of Shabanging(BFAS) in the Headshot Crew Coaching Program! Prepare to be added to this prestigious group that have attended the workshop. The BFAS label and any free months you are to receive as an attendee will be added after you've completed the workshop.
My goal for the course is that each photographer receives a tremendous amount of value out of taking the workshop, so if you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to contact me personally at 212.627.2210. Use the links on the right to register for your desired workshop and lock in any promotions you may receive.
In case you are interested The Headshot Intensified is an added extra 3rd day where you spend time with me one on one in order to drive all these concepts home. It that costs an additional $750 and limited to only 8 photographers. Feel free to add the extra day to your cart or feel free to sign up for it separately if you have previously taken The Headshot Intensive.
I feel strongly that the workshop is appropriately named, so I hope you are ready for an INTENSE weekend of non-stop information coming your way!
I'll be emailing you with ant other logistics for the weekend during the week preceding your chosen workshop, should you have any questions beforehand definitely reach out to me via email or call the studio.
No food is included with the workshop fee. We go out to a local restaurant for lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
Due to workshops selling out regularly we require payment in full in order to keep your spot and snag any time sensitive discounts. All payments are non-refundable, so don't give me your $ until you are certain you are ready to roll! However, should you need to reschedule, inform me at least at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled intensive and I will apply your fee toward the workshop of your choice in the future or figure out something that is fair for both of us. I usually have a waiting list, so if something comes up that causes the need for you to cancel then chances are we'll get your spot filled right away and I'll be able to provide you a refund if that is the case.
So, are you ready to get serious about your people photography?
Get it going, each workshop is limited to ONLY 12 photographers plus I have 1 spot for those who can't get enough of me and want to take it for 1/2 price a second time, so grab a spot as soon as you decide you are ready to roll! All my workshops have been selling out, so don't get caught on the short end of the stick. Those who want to take it a 2nd time and grab that spot for 1/2 off just contact me before registering.
Reserve your spot today!
Simply click the button on the right the corresponds to your desired workshop to register by firing up a credit card.
Questions? Feel free to email us or call the studio at 212.627.2210. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, I want everyone to be 100% informed prior to coming to the workshop.
I am traveling the world with the workshop, so sign up for your desired venue and as soon as a studio is secured we'll be letting everyone know where we'll be.
If you are coming to NYC here's my NY studio address:
Peter Hurley Photography Studio
134 W 26th Street, Suite 1203
New York, NY 10001
We start each day at 10am in the NY studio for Headshot Intensives outside NYC I will be emailing you with logistics.
The closest hotels are right on 26th Street between 6th & 7th Aves:
Looking forward to seeing you at The Headshot Intensive!